[lbo-talk] Kvetching, was Sarkozy, France etc

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 8 13:45:39 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 4:27 PM, James Heartfield wrote:

> Here is Goerge Monbiot arguing that London's successful Olympic bid
> and the
> government's commitment to use the Olympics to promote regeneration
> is a
> problem:

The history of Olympic cities is on Monbiot's side. The "regeneration" usually consists of displacement and gentrification.

Just a week or two ago you were making fun of me for swallowing bourgeois propaganda about climate change. You're swallowing the bourgeois definition of "regeneration" with less seasoning than I apply to the climate story.

Doug