[lbo-talk] Southern vs. Northern violence

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 22:00:40 PDT 2007

>From: "Joseph Catron" <jncatron at gmail.com>
>>
>Carl, what do you make of the Northeast's many Columbus Day parades?
>
>Never mind, I don't care. Consciously denigrating an entire culture
>is the surest sign of a defective personality and a small mind, and
>while you may, at some point, see fit to correct those gaping flaws in
>your character, it is abundantly obvious, though both experience and
>common sense, that neither I nor anyone else on this list can do it
>for you.
>
>With that, I terminate my participation in this fruitless exchange.

Drat. Who knows how far I could have progressed under your tutelage? As the beneficiary of your piercing insights and radiant wit, perhaps I could have escaped the confines of a defective personality, small mind and gapingly flawed character and come to rejoice in the vaunted glories of the South's rich Confederate heritage and contemporary dynamism. But I'm compelled to abide by my original POV: In surveying the South, I must say that I've seen more impressive cultures in a petri dish.

Carl