[lbo-talk] Russia's economy (was Kvetching, Sarkozy etc.)

Ira Glazer ira at yanua.com
Wed May 9 09:12:21 PDT 2007

With all due respect to Chris Doss' culinary tastes, I didn't realize that a proliferation of Sbarro's would be considered an indicator of economic development.

As far as the vacation goes, Uzbekistan sounds interesting. Have you considered Tajikistan ? The Pamir mountain range is supposedly one of the nicest -- and least visited -- high ranges in the world. (Although much of it is seriously high: 6000 meters and above). It's a place I've wanted to visit for a while.