[lbo-talk] Southern vs. Northern Violence

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed May 9 11:17:14 PDT 2007

Carl:

according to Wikipedia, "In Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Louisiana vehicle owners can request a license plate from the state featuring the Sons of Confederate Veterans logo, which incorporates the square Confederate Battle

[WS:] The only "custom" license plates that you can request in Maryland are "Treasure the Chesapeake" and "Our farms our future"

https://secure.marylandmva.com/eMVAServices/VRR/dept.asp

While I share your feelings about the confederate flag and the south in general, I am also aware that the confederate flag symbolizes many things to the southerners, not necessarily slavery.

Wojtek