[lbo-talk] Iran's Economic Change (was Russia's economy)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 06:57:07 PDT 2007

Correct. Arts longa, vita brevis. And I dare you say that, despite your polymath tendentencies, you have you not made an intensive study of the procedure aspectys of the Us crimininal justice system or the nature of class actions or the scope of the white collar federal crimes or even the statutury and constitutional basis for US anti-war-on-terror policies. These are things that I have done in between teaching and represebting clients. I am am a time in my life when I have to pick my priorities. It will happen you you, Chomskyain as you are. But I am willing to defer to you on the proposition that the Islamic Republic has improved material living conditions,. That does not, in my view, justify its being a repressive and mysogynist theocracy. As I have said, Stalin's Russia improved material living standards over all. That buys it something, but does not entitle it to our unbualified defense, unless improved living stndards trump all feninist and civil nd political right coniderations.

<http://www.filebox.vt.edu/users/salehi/Iran_poverty_trend.pdf>.

<http://web.worldbank.org/external/default/main?pagePK=51187349&piPK=51189435&theSitePK=312943&menuPK=64187510&searchMenuPK=312984&theSitePK=312943&entityID=000090341_20041207102532&searchMenuPK=312984&theSitePK=312943>