[lbo-talk] Minority Report

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 11 09:19:39 PDT 2007

> I note that my home state of Massachusetts does not appear to
have lynched anyone at all.

New England was the slave trade capital of the North with Massachusetts having the honor of being the first slave-holding colony in New England.

The law that currently prevents queers living outside the state from marrying in Massachusetts was apoted to prevent miscengenation. It has never been taken off the books.

According to a study of the University of Massachusetts, the level of shelter poverty among black-headed households is over 40%.

Well, that's the frosty North for you: they don't bother with lynching blacks -- they just starve them.

Brian