[lbo-talk] Russia's economy

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 12:05:38 PDT 2007

Right. The Soviet industrial base was heavily altered, but not destroyed. Lada is still pumping out cars. My horribly oppressed taxi driver was in a Lada. (A 2007 Lada is a lot better than a 1987 Soviet Lada.)

Like I said, outside of luxury goods and cheap imports of clothes from China and Belarus and electronics from Korea etc., Russia's consumer goods market is dominated by Russian manufacturers.