[lbo-talk] My Day in the Land of Oppression

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 06:11:27 PDT 2007

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, come on, surely you can concede that a murder
> rate
> 20x higher and a suicide rate 5x higher than Europe
> ain't good? The car crash thing in absolute terms
> may
> just be due to numerical size of pop.
>
> -B.

Sure, I've got no problem with that. That's one of the ACTUAL negatives, like highly corrupt police and high rates of alcoholism and drug abuse* and the fact that St. Petersburg seems to be turning into Skinhead Central. I never said Russia was a Garden of Eden.

*I understand that Iran has the world's worst problem with heroin, BTW.

____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/