[lbo-talk] Why is America so violent

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun May 13 23:11:22 PDT 2007

Jim Straub wrote:

> And I can see their point. TV has had better and better entertainment on,
> the popcorn-crunching movies are endlessly diverting, the internet and cell
> phones are fun and useful, driving to work is way easier than the busses and
> bikes I used to use, and the suburban life I had outside las vegas was
> largely hassle-free, undistracting and pleasant. What does the left offer
> instead?

1) Meetings 2) Sectarianism 3) Obsession with historical stuff that happened 80-100 years ago 4) Marching in circles 5) Political correctness 6) Self-righteouness, smugness, elitism 7) Proclaiming the need to be "down with the people" but not watching TV, knowing the latest gossip, or the score of last night's Golden State-Utah playoff game. 8) publishing dreadfully dull magazines and believing that the ideas are more important than the presentation (packaging) 9) no sense of humor and disdain for creativity. Sacrifice for the Revolution! 10) Interesting lists like this one which is better than TV, most of the time!