[lbo-talk] US flag at half-mast today - please tell me it's not 'cos of Falwell?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 17:51:55 PDT 2007

>B. wrote:
> > Drove by some US govt. bldgs. today, flags at half
> > mast. Anyone know why?
> >
> > I'm sure the answer will make me go, "D'oh! Oh yeah."
> > Unless it's because of Falwell.
>
>It's not because of Falwell, but something far worse.
>
>National Police Week

Yesterday I was at the jail Paris Hilton will soon be staying in. I noticed the flags at half-mast and then noticed they were filthy and threadbare, something I see a lot these days. I got curious about flag washing and google came up with a flag-etiquette site. Here's one of the answers to the query "is it ok to wash a dirty flag."

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/forum/wash-a-dirty-flag-960.html