[lbo-talk] India IT exports up by 39.05% in 06-07

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Wed May 16 10:27:37 PDT 2007

The Hindu Business Line http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

IT exports up by 39.05% http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/bline/2007/05/09/stories/2007050901300400.htm

Our Bureau

New Delhi May 8 IT exports have touched $36.65 billion, reporting an growth of 39.05 per cent for the year ended March 2007 as per the estimates of Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council. This includes electronics hardware, software and services.

While exports from computer software and services increased to $24.27 as against $16.9 billion in the previous year, registering a growth of 40 per cent, ITES exports rose to $9.4 billion up from $6.78 billion recording a growth of 36.67 per cent.

In the electronic hardware category, exports grew by 29.87 per cent to $2.89 billion as against $2.17 billion in the previous year.

"Our estimates are based on exports of electronic hardware, computer software and services and ITES. In percentage terms, growth has been significant at 38.28 per cent in April-March 2007. We are optimistic about the solid growth in IT exports in the next fiscal end going by the present trend," said Mr Sanjiv Narayan, Chairman, ESC, in a statement here.

Copyright © 2007, The Hindu Business Line.