[lbo-talk] Tehran, the Art Capital of the Middle East

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 13:09:35 PDT 2007

Yoshie wrote:

> It looks like "contemporary art" has ceased to be contemporary, at
> least since
>around the time of Fluxus.

Depends on where you're looking. I had a very pleasant experience at the contemporary art museum the other day. It was a side exhibit I hadn't come to see and I didn't recognize the name. But when I went in I walked up on something I have seen many times in a book called "Art on the Edge and Over" that I have at home. It's really nice to be surprised in a museum and it's kind of rare because you usually know what's there before you enter.

Anyway, reports of the death of contemporary art have been greatly exaggerated.