[lbo-talk] How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over YourOnlineCommunity

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri May 18 09:35:42 PDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Does this explanation allow for the possibility that, in the short
> time that the internet has existed, that maybe there'll be a solution
> to these problems? Where's the vaunted anarchist urge to improve the
> institutions they face? These justifications sound like the same ones
> you might hear from corporations and nation-states.

And BTW, certainly I could be totally wrong; the smaller and more of a "threat" you're perceived, the more vigorous the attacks against you are. Which may make it difficult to innovate. Take the irony of judging mideasterners as not ready for democracy, thought it's well-known that we've been toppling their democracies and aiding their dictators.

Tayssir