[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon May 21 11:19:24 PDT 2007

I think the first article is on to something: the police are 'busy doing other things' and the street can feel it. So it's general lawlessness that comes from feeling like it's possible to get away with it. Power abhors a vacuum and all that.

I also happened to see this interesting article recently about how gangs have moved into the US Army ...

"Lax enlistment standards have inadvertently allowed

known members of the Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, and

various white supremacist groups to join the military ..."

http://www.radarmagazine.com/from-the-magazine/2007/05/gangs_of_iraq_1.php

/jordan