[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 13:30:29 PDT 2007

>As I recall, something like half the hip hop records are bought by
>white suburban kids. They're not killing each other. People with no
>prospects are more likely to commit crimes than anyone else.
>
>Doug

"Gangsta rap" sales have been on the decline for a few years now and the main thing keeping them going at all is the white/asian market. That is also what made the stuff big in the first place. In the late 80's a group of black DJs in the SF Bay area called Bay Area Hip Hop Coalition organized a boycott against playing NWA. The boycott was broken by white DJs who said NWA was more authentic than Public Enemy.