[lbo-talk] Regime Change and Paranoid Reaction

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:48:47 PDT 2007

> On May 22, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi quoted official Iranian
> sources as saying:
>
> > that act in line with the interests of the aliens
>
> Ah, I see - it's their own Alien & Sedition Acts! Or maybe they've
> been studying the works of A. Mitchell Palmer: "My information showed
> that communism in this country was an organization of thousands of
> aliens who were direct allies of Trotzky. Aliens of the same
> misshapen caste of mind and indecencies of character, and it showed
> that they were making the same glittering promises of lawlessness, of
> criminal autocracy to Americans, that they had made to the Russian
> peasants. How the Department of Justice discovered upwards of 60,000
> of these organized agitators of the Trotzky doctrine in the United
> States is the confidential information upon which the Government is
> now sweeping the nation clean of such alien filth. . . ." <http://
> historymatters.gmu.edu/d/4993/>

The USG is not Trotsky, though it is said that some of the neo-conservatives, such as Kanan Makiya, are former Trotskyists.

To repeat, academic organizations, as well as trade unions and other NGOs, should officially and collectively come out against the USG's "democracy assistance," not just against war, unless they favor undemocratic regime change funded and supported by Washington. -- Yoshie