[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Blackmail blackmail.is.my.life at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:17:15 PDT 2007

it may have traction here on this list, but i'm still not buying it. it's too romantic for me. and it's like the thesis of bowling for columbine, which seemed like left-liberal wish fulfillment and some multivariate linear acrobatics than social science. there's been a significant rise since pa gave up on gun control [joe hoeffel and ed rendell staged a rally in narberth, pa, which is like getting pissed off about gun control in mr. roger's neighborhood. i think a lot of the problem here is that state politicians seem willing to treat philadelphia as a hobbesian petridish and pit the rest of the state against the urban centers.]

On 5/21/07, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu > wrote:

> The research by Archer actually has a long history on this list. See the
> following for a post by Wojtek quite a few years ago (Apr 21, 1999):
> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/1999/1999-April/007367.html
>
> Carrol

-- J T. Ramsay Music Editor - Comcast.net 2352 Letterly St. Philadelphia, PA 19125 comcast.net/music/ paperthinwalls.com blackmailismylife.com/blog