[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue May 22 10:49:43 PDT 2007

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> This information will be used to create a "pre-crime"
> style dossier, a super database of people
> algorithmically determined to be likely troublemakers.
> I've worked on elements of this system. It's still
> in its infancy (we have a ways to go to reach the UK's
> electronic panopticon).
>
> Nevertheless, it is coming to Phila; I assure you.

And what are you doing to stop this?

Speculation is good fodder for discussion lists, but what we lack now is coordinated collective action against these trends.

Dwayne, I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but I read too much hopeless talk on this list lately. We CAN do something about these things, but those of us who are already doing something need more comrades on the barricades.

Chuck