[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue May 22 13:25:08 PDT 2007

A weakness in your argument here is that it may be that orders of
> magnitudes more people think of the U.S. government as an authority
figure/
> "role model"/legitimizer than think of gangsta rappers as the same.

Although I have to admit that sometimes I have a hard time telling the two a part.

^^^^^^

CB: I call gangsta rappers the children of Reagan. Probably, a prime group of imitators of the Uncle Sam-militarists are gangster rappers, illustrating the claim of the study debated here. Gangsta rap, as American as apple pie !

^^^^^

Right after the LA riots, which were just after the first Gulf War, Ted Koppel went into the streets and interviewed some gang members. Ted asked them, what about all those drive-bys? To which a gangbanger responded, what about that fly-by in Iraq?

Doug

^^^^^ CB: I get what you mean. See comment above