[lbo-talk] damn, some feminists really don't have a sense of humor

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu May 24 14:05:00 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
> [I always thought that the subject heading was a cheap shot issuing
> from the likes of Katie Roiphe, but I might have to reconsider.
> Jezebel is a smart and amusing new product from Gawker Media.]
>
> <http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2007/may#000874>
>
> What women (don't) want

> For instance Anne Heche's divorce - we're told she's a poor cook
> while he looks up internet porn while he's meant to be looking after
> their child. Those are some really interesting issues. As a woman -
> what do you do if you discover your partner uses large amounts of
> pornography? How does it affect your relationship, how does it make
> you feel and how do you react if there's a risk of children finding
> it? And these days a lot of women and even more men have very limited
> kitchen skills. The wide availability of pre-prepared food may appear
> to be making life easier but if it generates a generation who are
> effectively unable to prepare fresh food from fresh ingredients, then
> that has serious implications for our health and wellbeing.

Obviously, taking care of the kids should come before surfing the Internet for porn. But what a guy or gal does in their free time after the chores and childcare have been done should be of their own concern.

Couples have different approaches on issues like pornography.

For me, I'm not going to be involved with any woman who sees porn as a problem in a relationship. I like porn. If you don't, go find another guy who says that he is against porn, but sneaks it in when you aren't paying attention. ;-)

Chuck