[lbo-talk] AP: "Angry atheists are hot authors"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 06:45:40 PDT 2007

>From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>
>
>Angry atheists are hot authors
>
>By RACHEL ZOLL, AP Religion Writer
>Thu May 24, 2:16 PM ET
>
>... Christopher Hitchens' book, "God Is Not Great: How
>Religion Poisons Everything," has sold briskly ever
>since it was published last month, and his debates
>with clergy are drawing crowds at every stop. ...

How nauseating. Hitchens' ascension to the bestseller lists is enough in itself to convince you God doesn't exist.

First, Hitchens plays a leading role helping to stampede credulous nincompoops in the US/UK into supporting a fantasy-based criminal war on Iraq. Now that the wheels have come off that insane enterprise, Hitchens is back, thunderously denouncing credulous nincompoops everywhere and demanding a return to the rule of sweet reason.

This is the ballsiest, most successful volte-face since "Goldfinger" -- when Auric Goldfinger's attack on Fort Knox begins to go awry and Goldfinger, stripping off his clothes to reveal the uniform of a U.S. Army colonel underneath, begins shooting his *own* troops and starts issuing orders to the defending U.S. Army forces.

I hope Hitchens goes all the way with his Goldfinger act and gets sucked out the window of a depressurizing jet during the book tour for his bestseller.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507