[lbo-talk] movies that will corrupt you

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 25 11:36:10 PDT 2007

Has anyone seen John Waters's " Movies That Will Corrupt You" series on heretv? I saw L.I.E., the second movie in the series last night. The themes are suburban teen alienation and pedophilia and Waters's introduction is wonderful. He says "no, I'm not a pedophile, though I look like one. I'm straight out of central casting." At one point he says in no uncertain terms that older guys having sex with boys under 18 is wrong, no matter what NAMBLA says. It was funny and great to hear someone like Waters, who new puritans would consider an amoralist, speaking so directly.