[lbo-talk] 1/3 of Americans believe Bible is literally true

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 25 12:36:33 PDT 2007

On May 25, 2007, at 3:25 PM, ravi wrote:

> I think this sort of thing reflects more than anything else the
> [necessarily] narrow 'excluded middle' approach of those collecting
> and analysing data.

The were given three choices - literal truth, inspired word of God, collection of fables. I'm not sure what's excluded by that trio; it covers all the bases I can think of.

> The inverse correlation between education (by which I am sure is
> implied formal education)

Not implied, expressed. The educational categories were the conventional ones: HS or less, some coll, coll grad, postgrad.

Doug