[lbo-talk] 1/3 of Americans believe Bible is literally true

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 05:30:57 PDT 2007

On 5/26/07, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
> There's Michael Pollan's stuff. It's very well written.

Yes, that's a sweet spot.

Right now I'm reading _The Starship and Canoe_, a twin biography of sorts of Freeman Dyson and his son George. Freeman did fundamental work in physics and is a sort of archetypal establishment genius, his son made his home in a treehouse in BC and built his own kayaks. Nothing too cage rattling (so far).

Also try _The Long Way_ by Bernard Moitessier, or _Sailing Alone around the World_ by Joshua Slocum, both solo circumnavigators.

For cheap books, try getting them used at amazon or abebooks.com. I've had good luck with them both.

-- Andy