[lbo-talk] 1/3 of Americans believe Bible is literally true

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Sat May 26 08:56:59 PDT 2007

On 5/25/07, BklynMagus <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > They were given three choices - literal truth, inspired
> > word of God, collection of fables. I'm not sure what's
> > excluded by that trio; it covers all the bases I can think of.
>
> How about: book of spiritual wisdom? I think that would fit nicely
> between choices two and three.

Or a book of political rhetoric, urging, "Reform, or else. . . ."

"Will not your debtors suddenly arise, and those awake who will make you tremble? Then you will be booty for them. Because you have plundered many nations, all the remnant of the peoples shall plunder you, for the blood of men and violence to the earth, to cities and all who dwell therein." -- Habakkuk 2:7-8 -- Yoshie