[lbo-talk] labor bitchiness

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 09:17:07 PDT 2007

Mr. WD wrote:

"I think there's a lot of good left protest music being produced right now -- particularly amongst hip-hop artists."

[B.:] Absolutely. I'm not as up-to-snuff on hip hop as many are prob. on the list, but I've forwarded music here I thought was good, and is recent, i.e. Deathcycle's "No RNC in NYC," and others. Maybe that was before Mr. WD was on. But there's no dearth of it these days. Dunno if you want to call it "left protest music," but the amount of political punk being made is also off the charts.

Not all of it is good, though. I thought the Deathcycle stuff was. Also, the recent "Anti-Capitalism" compilation I've mentioned before, which AK Press among others carry.

-B.