[lbo-talk] Developments in the world economy and the concept offoreign ownership

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 27 18:44:44 PDT 2007

On May 27, 2007, at 5:56 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Why don't business people stop the White House from using military
> methods, then?

Stopping them is a different thing from starting them. I think a lot of business types defer to the state except on things that matter to them directly.

As for the rest of what I said - the City opposed British entry into WW I, New York capitalists wanted to appease the South in the 1850s, there's little evidence the oil industry pushed for the invasion of Iraq - what part is untrue? The first two instances are historical fact. The third is based only on a lack of evidence - but do you know of anything to the contrary?

Doug