[lbo-talk] Developments in the world economy and the concept offoreign ownership

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 28 06:54:16 PDT 2007

On May 27, 2007, at 10:34 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> A lot of politicians, especially those who capture the highest
> offices, are themselves members of the ruling class, first of all.

Jimmy Carter? Richard Nixon? Bill Clinton? They weren't members of the ruling class by social or institutional ties that preceded their attainment of office.

> If the ruling class are
> pacific, why do they exclude pacifists?

I explicitly said that the ruling class isn't pacific. And you've yet to demonstrate why the examples I gave - e.g., City opposition to entry into WW I, New York capitalists' desire to appease the South in the 1850s, they mysterious lack of evidence of oil industry agitation for the invasion of Iraq - aren't problems to be explained.

Doug