[lbo-talk] Developments in the world economy and the conceptofforeign ownership

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 28 15:45:00 PDT 2007

On May 28, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> I think you should look at Beckert's NYC
> bourgeoisie as *becoming* the American ruling class as a *result*
> of the
> Civil War.

Yes, of course. Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise. The pre-CW elite in New York also hadn't figured out what to do with the manufacturers - smelly glue-boilers like Peter Cooper.

By the way, though I'm only about 1/3 through it, it's a damn fine book. It's a lot more interesting than <yawn> economics.

Doug