[lbo-talk] Memorial Day

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 20:54:47 PDT 2007

The Clover Adams sculpture, which I saw recently at the National Portrait Gallery, is really spooky, all the more horrifying if one has the context (provided for me by the plaque on the wall) that she killed herself by drinking photographic chemicals. Yuck. She really needed the help of the just-released Dr. Jack Kevorkian.

I was thinking pessimistic thoughts today about how long this war can go on. Is there any reason to think that the political will can be developed to end it in the reasonably short term?

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams_Memorial_(grave_marker)>

http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507