[lbo-talk] Memorial Day

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue May 29 09:01:48 PDT 2007

On 29 May, 2007, at 12:58 AM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> I'd just encourage people on this list to be very
> careful about expressing any sentiments that might be
> construed as calling _in any way_ for political
> violence. The Patriot Act and its satellites are no
> joke.

And as I have mentioned before, those of you using pseudonyms or equivalents should be aware that there are multiple clues to your identity and location available in the messages you post to LBO. While keyboard bravado may be a cathartic outlet if you are white and a citizen, Andie's caution above is, IMHO, quite appropriate especially for others who face real threats from our current government.

Of course, being a pacifist-leftist, I advocate against violence on principle, so that is a happy coincidence of prescriptions in my case.

--ravi