[lbo-talk] dev'ts in world economy and foreign ownership

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 29 11:52:51 PDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I'm not interested in the opinion of "someone who wrote you off the
> list."

Of course not. Self-awareness and self-righteousness don't live comfortably together.

> As for "people who'd been to Iraq and talked to actual
> Iraqis," why couldn't they see what Chirac, and even Sarkozy, could
> foresee _before_ the US invasion of Iraq began? Some people see only
> what they want to see and talk to only those who tell them what they
> want to hear, just like the Bush White House. There's nothing
> "irrational" about it -- it's human nature.

What the hell are you talking about? How do you know what the people I talked to thought of the invasion? The same way you know what listmembers thought three or four years ago?

And what's with this "human nature" business? Are you a Vulcan now?

Doug