[lbo-talk] Memorial Day

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 11:53:48 PDT 2007

So commercial and political propaganda can only use emotionally neutral, flat, boring, test pattern pix?

Why is it deplorable to sell pix of pretty girls or hot boys to titillate and excite and get money for doing so? Exploiting the performers is one thing, but why is this a special sacred nonmarket realm? (In contrast, the sale of honors makes no sense.) Because it's sex? Do we recall what is the second oldest profession? Seem to me that this Victorian prejudice buys into the virgin/whore stereotypes we ought to be resisting.

Porn is or can be fun. It can also be a way to make a living. It can be exploitative, but hell, this is capitalism, what isn't? So you fight for better conditions for sex workers. Unless one is going to go all Networking.