[lbo-talk] Memorial Day

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue May 29 13:02:43 PDT 2007

Andie: So commercial and political propaganda can only use emotionally neutral, flat, boring, test pattern pix?

Dennis:

>[WS:] Porn is a quintessential scheme of transforming emotions into a lure
>for crass profiteering - which is deplorable.

How is that different from love songs or hallmark greeting cards?

[WS:] Not that much different, I suppose. Porn is no different that any other commodity - except perhaps that nobody on this list would give a flying fuck if hallmark were given a bad rap, but many feel an obligation to defend porn. Ah, the topsy-turvy world of counterculture....

Wojtek