[lbo-talk] 'American kids, dumber than dirt'

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 1 12:17:24 PDT 2007

Doug wrote:

> >Well yeah, but "prick," "dick," (both male) and "asshole" (gender-
> >neutral) are pretty synonymous, though "cunt" admittedly has greater
> >shock value.

The Urban Dictionary says cunt is "considered by many to be the most offensive word in the English language." I can't think of more than once I've used it and I remember it because it was recently. Suffice to say I was in a work situation where my only response could be sotto voce after hanging up the phone. It was a coprolaliac moment.

Jenny Brown wrote:

> This seems to be more of a British usage, in my observation.

There's a new London band called Selfish Cunt. I can't imagine that here.