[lbo-talk] Anal Cunt, Sex Pistols & Ron Paul (was "Re: 'American kids, dumber than dirt')

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 12:06:01 PDT 2007

Anal Cunt are musically a band I can't stand, but their whole deal is simply taking the piss out of everything in grindcore and/or hardcore. For example, some of the song titles on their LP "Picnic of Love":

1. "I'd Love to Have Your Daughter's Hand in Marriage"

2. "I Couldn't Afford to Buy You a Present (So I Wrote You This Song)"

3. "Waterfall Wishes"

4. "I'm Not That Kind of Boy"

5. "Saving Ourselves for Marriage"

6. "I Respect Your Feelings as a Woman and a Human"

7. "In My Heart There's a Star Named After You"

8. "My Woman, My Lover, My Friend"

They also have a black metal side project, Impaled Northern Moonforest, which basically takes the piss out of black metal.

"Taking the piss" is how I'm talking after being on too many Brit music lists.

Also, anyone see Ron Paul shaking the Sex Pistols' hands on Jay Leno Monday night, after Paul spoke about his love of Austrian economists? GOP Presidential candidate shaking the Sex Pistols' hands, after they sang "Anarchy in the UK." And with a big smile on his face, too. And theirs. Times have changed. :)

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"Maybe not, but Massachusetts has given us Anal Cunt"