[lbo-talk] Respect

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:14:08 PDT 2007

> But this split in
> Respect looks pretty troubling, LT's assertions to the contrary.

Hang on a second. I haven't asserted that a 'split' isn't troubling. I have asserted that the SWP isn't splitting, which is a different matter. There was a huge effort to suborne a split prior to the national conference, by claiming that the SWP had split, and I corrected this falsehood. Since George Galloway's supporters are openly bruiting a split, their accusation has acquired a wry tone. The coalition's members should decide on its future, not a small minority.

I am not surprised you developed a crush on Galloway, however. He is, of course, charming and eloquent when he wishes to be. But he is also a tough political fighter, as you must also have realised, and schooled in the ways of Old Labour political fisticuffs as well as networking with media figures.