[lbo-talk] get ready for Pres Clinton - again!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 5 06:27:21 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 9:09 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> All capitalists individually might be hurt by $120
> oil, but their collective perception, filtered through all the ways in
> which it gets filtered*, might define their interest (rightly or
> wrongly) as more threatened by lack of military control of the mideast
> than by their immediate or even long range economic interests.

I know you're not big on agency, but how does this happen? Which capitalists, operating through what networks or institutions?

Recently I was looking through the supporters list for Heritage. They're surprisingly non-elite - as is their board. Regional auto parts makers and the like. Much less prestigious than the supporters/ board of Brookings. Yet the likes of Heritage have been very influential since 1980.

Doug