[lbo-talk] get ready for Pres Clinton - again!

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 07:27:11 PST 2007

So Doug, I don't think that your position is really so different from Carrol's. If Big Capital was really antiwar, they would be putting great pressure on the political class to stop the war. As far as I am aware, there have been no committees of "wise men" coming to the White House to tell Bush to cool it on Iran.

Jim F.

There is none. Who said there was? In fact, I said this in the sentence *just before the one you quoted*:

> Don't get me wrong, I don't see any evidence that capital is
> particularly antiwar, either.

The point I'm trying to get at - I don't know what, if any point, you're trying to get at - is that political initiatives often don't come from capital, but from the political class.

Doug