[lbo-talk] Musharraf Leaves White House in Lurch

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 17:04:52 PST 2007

The whole article is hilarious if you read it as an exercise in making propaganda sound like thoughtful analysis. For example:

" . . .if the state of emergency drags on, the administration will be faced with the difficult decision of whether to cut off that aid and risk undermining Pakistan’s efforts to pursue terrorists — a move the White House believes could endanger the security of the United States."

BobW

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/world/asia/04assess.html?em&ex=1194411600&en=4c1aceb6a572e1b8&ei=5087%0A