[lbo-talk] doug henwood's interview ...in italian

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 6 14:33:48 PST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Alex Hogan wrote:

>>> The US economy facing serious trouble does have a silver lining:
>>> for> the first time after the end of World War 2, there is an
>>> objective> potential to put an end to the dollar hegemony, the
>>> economic pillar of> US imperialism. For everyone else besides
>>> hapless Americans, now may> very well be a time between ashes and
>>> roses.>
>

> what a political platform. I'm surprised Kucinich hasn't picked up
> on it. "The bridges are falling, health care sucks, but the Euro is
> way up, so happy days are hear again real soon.

Kucinich, as odd as he can be, would never pick up on that. He's been repeatedly elected to Congress from a working class district. If he took such a casual attitude toward the well-being of the "hapless" American working class, he'd be out on his ass.

Man, if I wanted to feed something to David Horowitz or Bill O'Reilly showing how out of touch the left can be, I could hardly do better than that quote.

Doug