[lbo-talk] The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 18:01:41 PST 2007

B. wrote:

>I-35, which I
>drive on daily, is two lane each direction. I'm in a
>compact car competing with freight and all kinds of
>huge trucks. And in jams, etc. It's insane.

One of the worst traffic experiences I ever had was trying to get to I-35 towards Austin from the Texas Book Depository, in the rain and surrounded by trucks going the same way. The only place I've driven that was worse than Dallas is Oklahoma City, also an I-35 hub city.

Writing this made me wonder, and you're just the person to ask, has there ever been a band called Texas Book Depository?