[lbo-talk] Alas, poor Citibank!

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Nov 6 22:35:15 PST 2007

Doug writes:

> Fed economist James Kennedy has been updating estimates of
> mortgage equity withdrawal (MEW) ...

Do you know where they get these numbers from? Because I've noticed that on my credit report my HELC provider shows the full possible amount as being owed (which technically, I guess that's true) despite having a $0 balance ... so I'm guessing that kind of number is an overestimate.

When I've gotten lines in the past, I've always asked for the maximum they'd give me because there is a bonus of 1,250 frequent-flyer miles per $10k authorized :-)

/jordan