[lbo-talk] Idea

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 7 13:21:29 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> Surely it's a bit strange for Doug to 'ban' the topic and then post
> on the
> theme? And who loses from discussing Iran? Does it hurt anyone?

There were 3,914 posts containing the word "Iran" between July 1 and November 1, or 32 a day. It was just too much. (There have been 52 so far this month, or a more tolerable 7 a day.) The problem wasn't a discussion of U.S. designs on Iran, but a debate on the structure of Iranian society that had gotten stuck in a deep rut. Yeah, I know the standard response is "just ignore/delete them," but that's not the way these things really work.

So evidently you don't like the idea of a debate on the vanguard party?

Doug