[lbo-talk] Yet another colored revolution bites it

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 06:05:57 PST 2007

The current government of Georgia is pro-US. I don't think the opposition thinks in those terms though. I think they;re more worried about the cost of food, possible war with the "breakaway regions," corruption, stuff like that.

Amusingly, the government they replaced in 2003 was also pro-US.

--- Charles Brown <charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> Yes, I'm familiar with the term. Fake democratic
> revs. US backed ,
> anti-Russian. In Georgia, which one was the
> so-called "revolution" ?
> Some of them got into state power , no ? As in
> Ukraine. Which side in
> the Georgia dispute is pro-US ?
>
> CB

> 5:38 PM >>>
>
> I was refering to the spate of "colored revolutions"
> in the former Soviet Union a few years ago, none of
> which accomplished anything or changed the balance
> of
> power. Mainly transfers of power within local
> business
> and political elites with the "revolting" sides
> presenting themselves as "pro-Western liberal
> democracts" in order to attract legitimacy and money
> from Brussels and Washington.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!