[lbo-talk] Sexies update

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 9 09:45:16 PST 2007

[You may remember that Liza & I are judges in The Sexies, the sex- positive journalism awards. This just in from the organizer...]

10 Ways to Support Sex-Positive Journalism:

1. Give money! The Sexies are a labor of love. But love doesn't pay the bills. If you can give $100, $50, or $25, it will help us promote the awards, cover our expenses, and honor our winners properly. www.sexies.org/support.html.

2. Submit entries. Yes, readers as well as writers can submit. Articles have to have been published in 2007, in a general audience newspaper or news site, and meet high journalistic standards as well as our sex-positive criteria. Full guidelines, criteria, and a submission form are on our website: www.sexies.org.

3. Tell everyone you know. Blog about us, bring us up at opportune (or inopportune) times with family and friends and your local newspaper editor...

4. Make us popular. Join our LiveJournal community (sexposjawards), friend us on Myspace (www.myspace.com/sexposjournalism), post our site on Del.icio.us, Digg us.