[lbo-talk] Petrocracy in Venezuela?

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 11:41:18 PST 2007

>I didn't know that. Is that how he's been able to put out so many
>densely researched works in so short a period of time? Now I don't
>feel like such a laggard.

He was pumping things out pretty steadily before the MacArthur. It does look to have helped him get a stable academic career after surviving on the fringes for years. The academy doesn't like to let you in if your dissertation wasn't approved. City of Quartz was his dissertation at UCLA but was rejected because it was too journalistic for the history department.