[lbo-talk] counting to 200 -- how about 500

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:45:49 PST 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> Carrol:
>
> Joanna is probably correct here, but still I think it best for political
> reasons always to emphasize systemic elements rather than individual
> criminality.
>

> [WS:] Why? That takes the crooks that perpetuate the system off the hook.
> The crooks' strategy has always been hiding behind the smoke and mirrors of
> abstractions: religion, ideology, the market, or the system. The trick is
> to drag them from behind that veil of smoke and mirrors to the daylight and
> effectively dispose of them - by any means necessary.
>
> Wojtek

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss: you dispose of any capitalist crooks, social relations in a capitalist system will happily replace them with others who fulfill the same criminal functions. We can't solve the problem by lining a few bad apples up against the wall, however cathartic that may be.

Miles