[lbo-talk] counting to 200 -- how about 500

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 9 17:47:43 PST 2007

Robert Wrubel wrote:

> --- Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>
> "At the level of fundamental theory agents are
> merely_personifications of social relations."
>
> You mean "representatives" of social relations? What
> is the point of talking about agents stripped of their
> individual voice, their understanding, their moral
> passion?

I didn't. I talked about fundamental theory. What you are talking about exists at an altogether different (and more concrete) level. And I did mean _personification_ NOT representative. It might help if I mention that I am currently reading Robert Albritton, _Economics Transformed_. I got excited about him first at a forum at Marxism 2006 in Amherst, then from an article in the HM forum on Arthur. I've just ordered his _Dialectics and Deconstruction in Political Economy_. He has worked out relationships between fundamental theory and historical actuality that I've been trying for some years to fumble out myself.

Carrol