[lbo-talk] baa baa black sheep

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 11 10:54:03 PST 2007

bhandari at berkeley.edu wrote:

> "In any case taking "black" out of "baa baa black
> sheep" is unbelievably lame and makes me doubt the
> future viability of our species."
>
> A possible over-reaction to possibly racist symbolism is what makes you
> doubt today the future viability of our species? Get a grip, Chris. The
> anti pc police have corrupted our thought more profoundly than the pc'ers.
> Rakesh

I usually try to avoid merely saying, I agree, with nothing to add. But Rakesh really has said all that needs to be said on the pc/anti-pc wars. Well done! Well I will add a bit. The pc-ers of legend/myth, and perhaps a few actual ones, have occasionally been annoying or interrupted a conversation briefly -- they have NEVER corrupted thought.

Carrol